Born to Fly

Born to Fly - Michael Ferrari I enjoyed seeing that a girl wanted to fly a plane. That her dad was teaching her. Her dad let her have her chance of landing a plane on her birthday. This book does have some action and Adventure. Those their a mystery unfolds once her father was drafted to sent off to fight in the war. There information about WWII in this book and about the attack on Pearl Harbor. It does give some information on our history. It goes into issues about bullying, prejudiced, Learning to make friends, I see what kids and others did to other kids back then. Bird and Kenji do find some real spy activity while they are researching for their school report. Kenji is new in town and joins Bird class. Want to know more then I suggest reading it for I do not want to give spoilers away. Does Bird get to fly a plane?, Doe she get her wish of her father to come home?, Does she and Kenji form a friendship? These answer can be found in the book. It a good read for children and you get some background information on Pearl Harbor and WWII.